Garbage Disposal Services in Fort Collins
Save $400 off your air duct cleaning
We are proud to offer air duct cleaning for your home. Call us today to book your appointment.
Click to Print
Professional Sump Pump Repair & Replacement
You might not think much about a sump pump for your home, but it can save you lots of money by protecting your home from flooding. Allen Services specializes in all things sump pumps in Fort Collins. We offer sump pump repairs, sump pump replacements, and sump pump installation for home and business owners. Our experienced team can help you find the best sump pump for your needs. With record rainfall in Colorado, failed sump pumps have been responsible for leaving many basements flooded. Don’t find yourself spending lots of money on flooding cleanup. Get in touch with our team today to request sump pump service.
Why Your Home Needs a Working Garbage Disposal
If your home doesn’t have a garbage disposal, you need one. Some homeowners think they can get by without a garbage disposal or having theirs repaired, but we don’t recommend doing so. Garbage disposals are a quick and sanitary way to get rid of good scraps. Garbage disposals are fast and efficient and reduce cleanup time. A garbage disposal can save you money and is good for the environment. Throwing away your food scraps creates more waste and requires extra trash bags, which aren’t free. Using fewer trash bags and producing more waste is also bad for the environment. Tossing your food scraps into the trash will result in foul odors if you don’t take your trash out every night. Using a garbage disposal will eliminate this problem.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
If your garbage disposal needs to be repaired or replaced, you can count on the team at Allen Service. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to keep your home’s garbage disposal working correctly. Put some ice cubes in your garbage disposal from time to time to sharpen the blades. Grind up some citrus fruits to produce a fresh smell and reduce any foul odors. You can also use a specially designed brush that removes hard-to-reach deposits in your garbage disposal, sometimes resulting in odors or food buildup.
What Not to Put in Your Garbage Disposal
Just as there are a few things you can put down your garbage disposal to help maintain it, there are many things you should avoid putting in your garbage disposal. Check out the following items you should never put down your garbage disposal:
- Grease – Garbage disposals break down foods and liquids, but grease cannot be broken down. Grease will coat and clog your plumbing pipes.
- Bones – Avoid putting bone fragments in the garbage disposal. They will not break down enough and can clog your pipes. Bones can catch on the blades and break the motor.
- Coffee – Do not dump wet or dry coffee grounds down your garbage disposal. The grounds will stick to the sides of your disposal and turn into sludge that can cause significant plumbing problems.
- Pasta – Rice and pasta can gather at the bottom of your garbage disposal motor and jam the blades.
- Onions – The inside of an onion is okay to put down the garbage disposal, but onion skins should be avoided. Lots of onion skins can clog pipes and lead to problems.
- Nuts – Your garbage disposal can grind up nuts, but they will form a thick paste that can create holes in the pipes or disposal canister.
- Pits – Never put fruit pits from peaches, plums, or avocados down the garbage disposal. Those pits can bend or break the garbage disposal blades.
Garbage Disposal Repair, Replacement, & Installation
The team at Allen Service is here to take care of all your garbage disposal needs. If your home needs a new garbage disposal, you can count on us for the best installation services. We can also diagnose your garbage disposal and repair it for you. No matter what the issue is, our team can take care of it. Get in touch with us for a quote for service.
Why Choose Allen Service?
We know you have options for garbage disposal services in Fort Collins, but we’re confident we can do it better than anybody else. We specialize in all things plumbing, including emergency plumbing, kitchen and bathroom plumbing, water heaters, pipe leak repair, remodeling, and more. We also offer coupons and financing and a guarantee for your peace of mind. Contact us today to request service.