Regular vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning are the norm for most homeowners. While we always remember to keep our home in top shape visually, we often forget about the parts we can’t see. The furnace is one of these oft-overlooked areas of the home. Fortunately, Allen Service is here to ensure your furnace is in proper working order. We offer all-inclusive tune-ups to our valued customers in Northern Colorado and Boulder and the surrounding communities. Whether you’ve noticed a problem or you’re simply being proactive, we welcome your call!
What Is a Furnace Tune-Up?
Simply put, a furnace tune-up is preventative maintenance for your heating equipment. Systems new and old can use a tune-up occasionally.
Our Inspections Leave No Box Unchecked
When you choose Allen Service for your routine furnace tune-up, you’re guaranteed an extensive evaluation of your system. We’re always careful to leave no stone unturned as we inspect your furnace. Here’s a quick checklist of what you expect from one of our tune-ups:
- Monitor a complete heat cycle and ensure proper operation
- Test safety controls
- Inspect, lubricate, and adjust the blower wheel and housing
- Perform gas leak detection
- Test for carbon monoxide and inspect alarm
- Inspect, adjust, and clean the burner assembly
- Assess the ignition system, including the flame sensor and igniter
- Check gas pressures
- Inspect the furnace filter for debris and dirt
- Check the fan belt, thermocouple, and pilot on older furnaces
- Take amperage draws on motors
- Check for adequate combustion air
- Visually inspect the heat exchanger for heat fatigue and cracks
- Evaluate airflow performance
- Check venting
- Inspect the mechanical room and equipment
- Inspect the wiring
- Check the thermostat for proper operation
- Clean the flame sensor and pilot assembly on older furnaces
- Clean cabinet exterior
How You Can Benefit from Routine Maintenance
Routine maintenance might seem like a drag, especially when there’s no obvious problem with your furnace. However, it’s crucial to stay on top of maintenance, especially if you want your system to stand the test of time. The most significant benefit of regular tune-ups is an increased lifespan for your furnace. Furnaces certainly aren’t cheap, and you want yours to last as long as possible. Other benefits of scheduling a tune-up include:
- Reduced energy bills
- Better energy-efficiency
- Lower risk of a breakdown
- Less money spent on costly repairs
- Less time spent scheduling repairs and replacements
Do I Need a Furnace Tune-Up?
We typically recommend furnace tune-ups every year. However, you might run into some situations that require an additional service appointment. Although regular tune-ups will help you avoid most problems, there’s always the chance something will go wrong with your system. If you notice any of the following warning signs, get in touch with Allen Service for a quick tune-up:
- Uneven heating throughout the home
- Little or no warm air
- Poor air quality
- Little or no airflow
- Strange sounds and smells coming from the unit
- Unexplained increase in utility bills
Choose Our Partner Plan for the Best Deals
Allen Service is known for high-quality work and affordable rates. If it’s time for a furnace tune-up, don’t break the bank! Home maintenance doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg, and you can enjoy even lower prices when you choose our Partner Plan. You’ll enjoy numerous benefits for a low monthly fee. You’ll get priority service, as well as a 15% discount on all service calls. We’ll even let you customize your service plan! Allen Service is constantly introducing new deals and perks, so be sure to check back periodically for new ways to save money and expand your furnace’s lifespan.
Contact Us Today to Schedule Service
Colorado temperatures are prone to dropping, and the last thing you want to a furnace breakdown in the dead of winter. Scheduling regular tune-ups with Allen Service is the best way to avoid such issues. We’re here for you, whether you need a quick maintenance visit or an extensive repair. Our team would be glad to stop by your Northern Colorado and Boulder home and perform our famous service with a smile. Contact us today to discuss the Partner Plan or schedule service.