Reliable Water Heater Installation & Maintenance
If you’re like many homeowners in Fort Collins, CO, you may have a tendency to take your hot water heater for granted until something goes wrong with it. Allen Service knows that you depend on your hot water heater every day to bathe, do dishes and laundry, and more. We perform reliable water heater repairs, and we also replace water heaters for homeowners. Our experienced team of plumbing professionals can inspect, repair, or replace your water heater. We encourage you to learn more about our water heater repair service and get in touch with us to request an appointment.
Professional Water Heater Maintenance
Just like all other major appliances in your home, your water heater needs to be maintained to ensure it continues working correctly and has as long a lifespan as possible. Our team maintains traditional and tankless water heaters. We can perform a thorough inspection and catch minor issues before they become more significant and costly problems.
Water Heater Repair Services
You can count on the team at Allen Service for professional water heater repair services. We’re available for routine appointments as well as emergency water heater services. Our team offers residential and commercial water heater maintenance services for traditional and tankless models. Our expert technicians will diagnose your water heater and determine the best course of action to repair it promptly so you will not be inconvenienced without hot water at your home or business.
Expert Water Heater Replacement Services
If it doesn’t make sense to have your water heater repaired, our team can replace it with a newer, more energy-efficient model. Upgrading your water heater can save you money and offer better efficiency. Read on to learn more about common issues you may encounter with your hot water heater and how to determine whether it makes the most sense to have your water heater repaired or replaced.
Common Water Heater Issues
Not having any hot water is the most common sign of a problem with your water heater, but there are other symptoms to watch out for. Common signs your water heater may be failing include a slow or reduced hot water supply, water with a foul odor or a rusty appearance, leaks or pooled water around your water heater, and noises coming from the unit. Learn more about some common water heater issues:
- No hot water – This one may seem like a no-brainer. If you aren’t getting any hot water in your home or business, there’s obviously something wrong. Your water heater is not doing its job, so be sure to contact our team for repair or replacement services.
- Water not as hot as before – Sometimes you still have some hot water, but the water doesn’t get as hot as it used to. If your water is not getting as hot or you aren’t getting the water volume you’re used to, your water heater may be on the fritz.
- Noises – Popping noises are somewhat common with water heaters and are often caused by sediment in the tank. Sometimes water heaters can be flushed to solve this problem. Get in touch with us if you hear banging, squealing, rumbling, or groaning noises from your unit.
- Water around the heater – If you see water or moisture around the pipes leading into the water heater, pooling on the floor, or on the top of your water heater, be sure to contact us ASAP. You likely have a leak.
- Improper ventilation – Gas water heaters require ventilation, or carbon monoxide may build up in your home rather quickly. We can evaluate your ventilation to ensure you stay safe in your home or business.
- T&P lines – Temperature and pressure lines are safety mechanisms to ensure your water heater does not explode if it gets too hot or is under too much pressure. If you see water coming out of this pipe on the side of your building, contact us so we can replace it immediately.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
When you have issues with your water heater, our team can determine whether you should have your unit repaired or replaced. We know new water heaters can be a significant investment, but constant repairs can add up. We offer financing and coupons to help you save money on our plumbing, heating, and cooling services. The following factors will be considered when choosing whether to repair or replace your water heater:
- Age of unit – Most modern water heaters are only designed to work correctly for about ten years. If your unit is approaching that age or has already surpassed it, replacing it is likely your best option.
- Frequency of repairs – Constant water heater repairs can add up and will likely continue to increase as the unit gets older. A new unit can save you money in the long run.
- Energy bill costs – If you have an older water heater, it could be costing you money on monthly energy bills. Newer units are more energy-efficient and more affordable to operate.
Why Choose Our Team?
The team at Allen Service specializes in water heater repair and replacement services in Fort Collins. Our plumbing experts also offer emergency plumbing services, kitchen and bathroom plumbing, pipe leak repair, remodeling, and so much more. Contact us today to request service.