0% Financing for 60 months with approved credit
Keeping Northern Colorado Homes Warm & Cozy All Winter Long
Winter in Boulder is no laughing matter. When your home heating system goes awry, every minute counts. That’s why you need a reliable HVAC service provider that’s prompt and effective at diagnosing and resolving the issue. At Allen Service, we’ve provided the highest quality home heating repair solutions to residents in Boulder, CO and the surrounding local area since 1962.
Our trained and certified technicians specialize in maintaining and repairing all types of residential heating systems, ensuring your home stays cozy and warm throughout Colorado’s coldest months. Whether you need furnace repair, HVAC repair, or any other type of home heating service, we have the expertise and experience to get the job done right. Learn more and contact our team at Allen Service today.
Identify the Warning Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
An adequately maintained furnace can provide your home with ample heat and exceptional performance for up to 20 years. But when these home heating systems are in need of repair, they can exhibit many common symptoms and warning signs that demand professional intervention. Being proactive in observing these signs can save you from complete equipment failure, higher repair costs, unbearable cold, and unnecessary stress. If you notice any of these red flags, it’s time to consult with our team of HVAC repair experts at Allen Service:
- Dirty Filters – Neglecting dirty furnace filters can result in expensive repairs. Periodically checking and replacing these low-cost HVAC components every three months will help you avoid many unnecessary problems.
- Damaged Blower Motor Assembly – Blower motors are particularly susceptible to wear and tear since they run all year long, not just in the winter. If you notice a banging or squealing when from your furnace runs, it could be the blower motor failing.
- Faulty Electric Ignition or Pilot Control – A malfunctioning electric ignition or pilot control means a heating system that’s unable to distribute sufficient heat throughout your home. If the actual temperature falls below your thermostat setting, inspect the electric ignition or pilot control of your furnace for any issues.
- Thermostat Malfunctions – Major discrepancies in the thermostat setting and the actual temperature can also indicate a problem stemming from the thermostat itself. Our technicians can diagnose the problem and provide a high-quality replacement if necessary.
- Yellow, Flickering Pilot Light – Your furnace’s pilot light should always produce a blue glow, not burn with a yellowish flicker. This could potentially point to excess carbon monoxide in some instances, so it is highly advised to seek our immediate assistance.
- Worn Ball Bearings – If you hear scraping noises from your unit, which could be a telltale sign o worn-out ball bearings, we highly recommend turning off the furnace completely and contacting our team at Allen Service.
- Excessive Cycling – Properly functioning furnaces shouldn’t cycle frequently. Systems that constantly switch on and off increase your energy bills and wear down internal components at an accelerated rate.
- General Mechanical Issues – Loud bangs and clatters and off-putting odors emanating from your unit are all common precursors to system malfunctions and equipment breakdowns. Whether it’s a loose part, a clogged burner, or insufficient airflow, we will pinpoint the problem with ease and accuracy.
The Value of Regular Maintenance & Annual Tune-Ups
No more wondering if your furnace will withstand the next snowstorm. Preventative measures today can save you from a cold and chaotic tomorrow. Here’s why regular maintenance and scheduled tune-ups should be non-negotiable for Boulder homes:
- Extend Your System’s Lifespan – Regular inspections and servicing can add years to your furnace’s operational lifespan, saving you the high costs of premature replacement.
- Enjoy Reduced Costs on Energy Bills – Annual furnace tune-ups can significantly improve your heating system’s efficiency, slashing energy bills and reducing your household’s carbon footprint.
- Detect Issues Early On – The sooner a home heating problem is detected, the easier it is to fix. Regular maintenance means spotting minor problems before they turn into a more substantial headache.
- Reinforce Safety – A defective heating system can introduce hidden dangers that threaten your health and safety, such as fire hazards and odorless carbon monoxide leaks. Routine system checks will ensure your home remains free from any safety threats.
- Maintain Your Equipment Warranty – Having an HVAC professional regularly care for your unit becomes invaluable in the event of an unexpected breakdown. Many manufacturer warranties will cover the cost of repairs or an equipment replacement, provided the unit was professionally maintained within the warranty period.
- Gain Peace of Mind – Knowing your heating system is prepared to keep the winter chill at bay allows you to focus on the things that truly matter, like spending quality time with loved ones in a warm, comfortable living space.
Trust Our Experts With Your Home Heating Repairs
If the winter’s chill is seeping through the walls of your home because of a faulty heating system, don’t endure another frigid night. The sooner you act, the simpler – and less expensive – the solution will be. Contact our expert technicians at Allen Service today to request prompt, effective, and highly reputable home heating repair services. Your comfort is just a call or click away.